Obviously when my threads arrive for the Murloc square that is going to be my priority, but if I have dragon started then I can always pick it up and do half an hour or so...
Well that is the approach I take to quite a few projects...
And I started thinking of all my half finished projects on the go...
On the Go:
- Middle Earth Map (this is one that is going to take a while however I do it)
- North Country Quilt...still not done....oops
- Knitted jumper to be unpicked and fixed if possible
- New Dragon cross stitch
- Popcorn kit that hasn't been touched since we moved because there wasn't enough thread in a particular colour and I haven't got round to getting it yet
- Footprints cross stitch - which needs alot of unpicking
- TO BE STARTED Murloc square which needs to have 6"x6" cross stitched by August at latest
- ALSO am committed to knitting the hubby a cowl and hat for our holiday which starts 4th feb....
Oh dear! This list is actually not as long as it could be...but longer than it should be.
So I think this year is the year to finish projects, and do all that pesky unpicking that needs doing. I don't really do new years resolutions because if you don't keep them it's far too depressing. My new years resolution for 2011 was not to enter a hospital for the year - that didn't go so well.(I spent 3 months in and out of hospital last year before a doctor finally realised my appendix was in the wrong place!!!!) So this isn't so much as a resolution as a goal.
This year I want to achieve:
- Finish North Country Quilt
- Do the Murloc square for the charity quilt(very proud of this one)
- Finish the pesky Popcorn kit that needs to be finished
- Either sort out the knitted jumper disaster OR have a finished knitted item that is wearable in an adult size
- Get the Dragon cross stitch done - because it would look gorgeous on our wall
- Make a large headway with Middle Earth. I don't mind if this one isn't done this time next year as long as it is over half way done.
- Complete my Child Development course with a decent pass
Hopefully these are realistic enough goals. What are yours?Also am I the only one with half a dozen unfinished projects or is that just part and parcel of being a crafter??