Thursday 19 January 2012

Handmade PE Kit Bag

When my darling daughter started school last year I made sure she went in with a Handmade PE Kit bag.  She was and still is smitten with it.  Well since then she has made "Very Very Best Friends EVER" and bless them they are convinced that they want to be twins. (I caught madam with my makeup trying to make herself more like her friend, so they could be twins!!!) So I thought for her friends Birthday I would make her a PE Kit bag so they could both have their handmade bags together. 

Unfortunately I didn't have any more princess fabric, but I did have this gorgeous strawberry print in my stash - and just enough for a bag.  I know the cross stitching on the front is a bit twee - but they're 5 and they love all things dainty so I hope it will go down well.
It also means I've had my poor neglected sewing machine out for the first time this year.  I am slowly attempting to organize my craft stuff so hopefully it will be easier to get to it all and be used a bit more often.  Unfortunately I don't have anywhere that I can claim solely as my craft area, but the dining room table will do the job 'till we win the lottery ; )

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Yay for the dining room table come office, play area, sewing table, craft table, study......

    Cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is adorable! I'm sure she'll love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that bag is gorgeous, I always had homemade PE bags, I must make my big one one instead of his horrible Bob the Builder one!
    Alison
    x
    new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww that so sweet.i'm sure your daughters ittle friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You for all the kind comments - she did absolutely love it! Woo!Nothing beats a handmade pressie ; )

    ReplyDelete

All messages are welcome and Thank You for commenting : )