Monday 31 October 2011

SpriteStitch Swap

My Swappee got their gift this morning, so I can finally show you all what I've been busy doing!
I have absolutely loved being part of this swap, as it is the first that I have taken part in and Sprite Stitch is a really great little community.    
Firstly I made a needle book, with embroidery on the front and cross stitch inside:

This was quite an easy make, but looks good. This was all hand stitched, as my poor sewing machine is holed up in the corner at the moment, feeling very unloved.  I was initially going to do the whole thing out of felt, but decided that a fabric cover would be better.  I quite like the effect of mixing different fabrics and textures and I think I've pulled it off here.

Secondly I made a Pokemon Pincushion! Which I am actually really pleased with because it is soo cute! (What more can you ask for - cute and practical?!)


This was quite difficult to make, and is quite rough around the edges, but I don't think my swappee minds.
After I get all my making for Christmas out of the way I think  I am going to have to make myself the needle book.  But at the moment it is just going to have to go on the To Do pile which is getting a little bit too big for my liking.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog (you came in as No-Reply, and I couldn't find your email on your profile, hence this message here) I love your page detail here, and lovely to see another UK crafty blogger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You. I hadn't realised that I was a No-Reply. I have only been in the blogosphere for a few months, but I love how many talented people there are out there, willing to share their knowledge and talent!

    ReplyDelete

All messages are welcome and Thank You for commenting : )