Salt Dough Recipe
160g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to about 130c
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix
- Knead until it forms a dough
- Play (We rolled it out and cut shapes out but you don't have to)
- Bake in the oven for 2 - 3 hours
We've cut shapes out and made holes with pencils so that we can string them up to the Christmas Tree but you can make anything you want really out of the dough. Or you could add a drop of food colouring, or double the recipe to make more.
We used it plain, as we are going to use another weekend to paint them and sprinkle glitter on, to add a Christmas feel : )
|Salt dough stars|
My daughter also had a brilliant idea of her own. Using her Princess Tiara, she made an imprint of the 'jewel' onto the stars:
|Salt Dough Christmas Star|
Which just goes to show that sometimes you need a Four Year Old about!