BUT this year instead of saying next year will be better, I find myself thinking of how far we have come this year .... literally we have moved 350 miles north west... but aside from that I just wanted to list a few of our achievements this year. It is quite a nice exercise to do, and has made me incredibly grateful. In no particular order:
- We have moved to the other end of the country. Successfully!
- I have started this blog, which I love doing and I have found the crafts community online in force which is incredible!
- (whispered so as not to tempt the fates) My son has had his first "hospital free" year....
- My daughter has started school and loved it. She is now beginning to read!
- My gorgeous husband has found a job that he enjoys and where he is appreciated.
- I have learnt how to knit.And found that it is incredibly addictive.
- We have bought our gorgeous but rather hyper dog and wouldn't be without him anymore
- But most importantly we have grown as a family this year. We have stood on our own two feet more, but had the sense to know when to ask friends and family for help. We are a closer family unit and I am proud of us!
This year hasn't been without its challenges, (I spent 3 months in and out of hospital over the summer) but we have faced them and come through the other side and I am very positive for next year.