Saturday 2 February 2013

Cross Stitched T-Shirts

Before Christmas, I was trying to think of gifts that I hadn't made before, or a new take on some of the crafts that I did.  It was while I was pondering this that I found a fantastic tutorial over at  Wee Little Stitches called "How To Cross Stitch Anything".  It is a really good step by step guide to how to use waste fabric and it is something that I haven't attempted before.  So I set about making  cross stitch patterns to suit my brother and brother in law.  I should point out here that I am still relatively new to making patterns, but that I thoroughly enjoyed having these items come together from an idea to a finished item.
For my Dr Who obsessed brother in law I made this.
Dr Who Fezz and Bowtie
This was the Dr Who image I made, then added the phrase "Fezzes are Cool"  
Fezzes Are Cool
I think he was quite happy with it!

Then for my brother who adores Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory I came up with a Bazinga pattern.
Bazinga!
Bazinga T Shirt
I'm really happy with how these both turned out. It was a lot easier that I thought it would be to stitch onto the tops and waste fabric is now my new best friend.

7 comments:

  1. they look awesome! Have you seen the big bang theory chart on wee little stitches? it's my next project :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen tbbt chart on wee little stitches, I love all her charts though and I don't think I could choose just one to do.x

      Delete
  2. Both stitches look so awesome! I love the idea of stitching on a t-shirt, I hadn't thought of that before =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hadn't either before I saw the tutorial. Was so easy as well.x

      Delete
  3. Is that the stuff that you spray and then can pull the weft and the warp out after stitching? Isn't it great?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, but who doesn't love Sheldon? These are great!

    ReplyDelete

All messages are welcome and Thank You for commenting : )